There’s a magical summer camp nestled in the gentle slopes of the Catskills that once in a while hosts a wedding weekend for a lucky collection of people. Think adorable little wood cabins, piers jutting onto a lake with paddle boards and kayaks (oh and a waterslide that goes right into said lake, nbd), a ceremony spot with possibly my favorite view and of course, handy golf carts doing their thing and carting you all over this beautiful (big!) place.
Last year — late summer, I spent the day at Timberlake with Jasmine + Tom and their group of incredible friends and soooo many dogs (did I not mention the dog-friendliness of this place? if so, the biggest oversight, apologies).
These two are special, special, special people and I was so lucky to have been part of their day. They started the day off slow with swimming and lounging around by the lake — oh, and for Jasmine, roller skating, cause you know she’s just cool like that and the getting ready space (i.e. the dance studio for the camp) happened to be the perfect spot for a roll (is that what you call it? I’m doubting it, but just gonna stick with it).
Everything I love about being a catskills wedding photographer — wrapped up in this day. Jasmine and Tom planned a day that was intentional, meaningful, fun and super damn gorgeous.
Quick highlight reel —
– jasmine coming across a magic little messenger in the form of a snake on her walk to their first look.
– tom’s suit. tom’s hair. tom.
– light leaked, inspired 35mm film! one of my first weddings where I brought my film camera — these mistake laden photos are probably some of my favorite.
– the DOGS. and the dogs in matching outfits with their parent. or like, just chilling on a paddle board out on the lake with their parent. c’mon.
– jasmine was either barefoot or in roller skates allllll day.
– the florals! dead.
– oh shit, my favorite ice cream cake in the world! (and i mean my favorite cake in the world bc ice cream cake is my number one)
– and lastly but surely not least — jasmine’s outfit change at the reception. best ever. must scroll down. worth it.